invites applications for the position of:
Technical Support Specialist I
SALARY:$19.18 - $28.82 Hourly
CLOSING DATE:08/31/20 11:59 PM
# OF OPENINGS:1
BENEFITS:This position is eligible for a full benefits package. See benefits tab below for details.
BACKGROUND CHECK:You must successfully pass a criminal history check.
LOCATION:This position will be located in either Springville, Salem or American Fork
RECRUITER:Kris Haslam (801-971-2177) Khaslam@utah.gov
SCHEDULE CODE:AT - Executive/Professional Employees of Technology Services - At will: Employees in this position serve at the pleasure of the appointing officer in an at will status and may be terminated at any time without cause. This is not a career service position.
The State of Utah Depratment of Technology Services (DTS) has a large variety of careers for people in both rural and urban areas, with all types of experiences and backgrounds who come together for a singular purpose—to work where they live, to serve the residents and businesses as well as the visitors of the State of Utah. DTS has a Technical Support Specialist I position open, this position will provide computer/technical support to employees and the public across the State of Utah via the phone.
- answering incoming calls from customers for computer help;
- using the States tracking system (Service Now) to fill out information on incidents or problems;
- using remote control software (Bomgar) to resolve as many calls as possible;
- keep end users up to date on their incidents;
- determines the level of need in order to dispatch on site technicians if the incident cannot be resolved remotely.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Provides computer phone support assistance to customer
- Provides computer assistance to customer using remote desktop tools
- Record pertinent customer details to create on-line ticket for tracking customer calls
- Communicate information and directions clearly on the phone and in writing
- Understand information communicated and presented in writing and on the phone
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses computer hardware and software problems on the phone and resolve them over the phone
- Plan, organize and prioritize time and workload to resolve customer calls, IM’s, and on-line tickets in a queue
- Work with customers who have a diverse set of computer needs
- Remotely installs, configures, and updates popular/business software and operating systems on customer computers
- Able to learn and use Customer Service Center ticket tracking software systems
- Able to learn current business customer computer hardware and software
- Able to troubleshoot and determine customer computer issues
- Able to learn remote computer software and have ability to installing, updating, or configuring remote customer software and operating systems
- Able to perform daily job functions with some supervision
- Employment contingent on passing a drug screening and a background check.
- Risks found in the typical office setting, which is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated, e.g., safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Work requires physical exertion. May require the ability to stand; walk over rough surfaces; bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, lift moderately heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) in a recurring manner and/or for long periods of time.
The State of Utah is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability. The State provides reasonable accommodations to the known disabilities of individuals in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. For accommodation information or if you need special accommodations to complete the application process, please contact the Department of Human Resource Management at (801) 538-3025 or TTY (801) 538-3696.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
2120 State Office Building
Salt Lake City, UT 84114
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST I
Technical Support Specialist I Supplemental Questionnaire
*1.ONLY APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED. As part of this application process, you must upload your resume into your application profile. Your answers to the questions on this application must be supported by your resume or work history. "See resume" or "see previous response" is not an acceptable response to any question. Please answer all questions fully. Failure to follow these terms may result in disqualification from further consideration for this position.
I acknowledge I have read and understand the above statement
*2.Describe your experience in customer service supporting customers remotely on the phone or with an on-line tool? List skills and tools used.
*3.Describe your experience using remote computer software to help someone resolve a computer problem. List remote computer software applications you have used.
*4.Describe your experience using or supporting computer operating systems. List specific computer operating systems you have working experience with.
*5.Describe your experience using or supporting mobile devices. List any mobile devices and operating systems you have working experience with.
*6.Describe your experience using or supporting email and productivity software. List email systems and productivity software you have working experience with.
*7.Describe your experience supporting computer hardware and personal printers.
*8.Describe your strategy for choosing a secure password.
*9.Describe your experience and ability to work independently, on your own, and at home.
*10.Describe your experience and ability to work as a part of a team.
*11.Please indicate how you heard about this specific job posting.
An External Job Posting Site (Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.)
Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Advertisement (Newspaper, Internet, Radio, etc.)
University Network (Career Center)
Referred by a Friend or Colleague
Contacted by a Recruiter
Internal communication from a State Agency that employs me - State employees only
* Required Question